Briton's kidnapping 'staged to get cash from family'

Not real, just a sham says suspect in Marche tourist case

(ANSA) - ROME, OCT 15 - The alleged kidnapping of a 25-year-old British tourist in Marche earlier this month was not real but staged just to get the ransom money from his family, one of four young people arrested in the case told police Friday.
    "It wasn't a real kidnapping but a sham to convince the Englishman's family to send him 7,000 euros to make up a debt," said Rubens Belioga Gnaga, 18, about the alleged kidnapping of Patrick Sam Kourosh Demilecamps, allegedly held for eight days in a flat near Macerata and freed by Carabinieri in a raid two days ago.
    A preliminary investigations judge on Friday confirmed the arrest warrants for Gnaga and accomplices Dona Conte, 22, and Ahmed Rajraji, 21, all three of whom were placed under house arrest with an electronic ankle bracelet.
    The third alleged accomplice, 20-year-old Aurora Carpani, was also placed under house arrest but without a bracelet.
    Police raided the flat at at Monte San Giusto on Wednesday afternoon and found Demilecamps handcuffed and barefoot. (ANSA).
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA



Change cookie consent