1. ANSA.it
  2. English
  3. General News
  4. Body found of eight-year-old victim of Marche storms (4)

Body found of eight-year-old victim of Marche storms (4)

Death toll of extreme weather climbs to 12, one person missing

(ANSA) - ROME, SEP 23 - The body of Mattia Luconi, an eight-year-old boy who was snatched away from his mother's arms by flood waters during violent storms in Marche last week, has been found in a field near Castelleone di Suasa, sources said on Friday.
    The owner of the land alerted the authorities to the presence of the corpse, the sources said.
    The death toll from the extreme weather is now 12.
    A 56-year-old woman, Brunella Chiù, is missing feared dead after the floods.
    Her 17-year-old daughter was among the victims.
    Marche Governor Francesco Acquaroli on Thursday announced a probe into possible "dysfunctions and responsibilities" in the procedures used by the civil defence department to cope with last week's devastating floods.
    Scientists say climate change caused by human activity is making extreme weather events such as these storms more frequent and more intense. (ANSA).
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA


Change cookie consent